PE Ball Valves for both electrofusion and butt fusion
Large range of sizes in stock from 20 - 225 mm, these ball valves are suitable for both water and gas applications.
Polyethylene PE100 and polypropylene material with an operating pressure of PN16 and MOP10.
Manufactured in accordance with BS EN 12201 and BS EN 1555 by Fox Fittings.
- Remove the protection cap from the spigot you are working with.
- Choose the correct type and size of electrofusion fitting needed.
- Measure and scrape the welding zone on the spigot and joining pipe - this is to remove any oxides which may have built up on the plastic, leaving pure, virgin material.
- Clean the welding zone with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) solution or wipes to remove any further impurities.
- On the pipe and valve spigot, mark the insertion depth of the joining electrofusion fitting.
- Place the fittings and pipe inside clamps if appropriate - always ensure all components are correctly aligned.
- Using the correct electrofusion welding machine for the task, scan the barcode on the fitting, or input data manually.
- Proceed using the instructions shown - do not interrupt the heating and cooling processes, otherwise the joint may not fuse correctly.
- Once the process is complete, it is advisable to conduct a pressure test on the pipeline.
- To open the valve, insert the extension and turn anti-clockwise.