16 bar rated, PE100 material
Suitable for Gas and Water
Handy Universal pin fits 4.0mm and 4.7mm as standard
All fittings are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 12201 and BS EN 1555
Instructions for Electrofusion Fittings
The preparation of the pipe is critical to ensure the fusing of the fittings to the pipe is successful – particularly when connecting or modifying an existing pipeline.
- Measure the outside diameter of the pipe you need to connect to and choose the correct type and size of electrofusion fittings needed.
- Make a straight cut across the pipe, to leave a clean 90 degree edge for working with. This also ensures the pipe is inserted the correct distance inside the electrofusion fittings.
- Measure and scrape the welding zone on the pipe - this is to remove any oxide which may have built up on the pipe, leaving clean virgin material.
- See the Ritmo range of pipe scrapers – particularly their Turbo Scraper, as this is a quick thorough way to make a clean end to the pipe with minimal and even removal of the pipe surface.
- On the pipe, mark the insertion depth of the electrofusion fitting.
- Clean the welding zone on the pipe with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) solution or wipes to remove any further impurities. Although all electrofusion fittings should still be inside the packaging, we recommend also wiping the inside of the fittings.
- Place the pipe inside the appropriate clamps, and put the electrofusion fitting in place - always ensure all components are correctly aligned and supported if required. The dual heating zone electrofusion fittings are ideal when aligning both sides of the fitting at the same is difficult to do.
- Ensure the electrofusion welding machine is correctly sized for the fitting - see the electrofusion welders category on our website for more information. We are the UK distributor for the Ritmo electrofusion welders.
- Follow the instructions for the welder. Scanning the barcode on the fitting will send the right information to the welder, or input data manually. It is good practice to double check the heating and cooling times are correct.
- Proceed using the instructions shown - do not interrupt the heating and cooling processes, otherwise the joint may not fuse correctly.
- Once the process is complete, it is advisable to conduct a pressure test on the pipeline.